Package Travel Rights
The following is information for the traveler about package tours according to § 651a of the civil code book. The combination of travel services offered is a package tour in the sense of Directive (EU) 2015/2302.
Therefore, the traveler can take advantage of all EU rights that apply to package tours. The Hotel & Restaurant Am Alten Rhin in Neuruppin OT Alt Ruppin is fully responsible for the proper execution of the entire package tour.
Our statutory liability insurance with the Feuersozietät Berlin Brandenburg NR. (GP-226-8403) also covers damage in the sense of the package travel directive.
Further information on your most important rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302 can be found at: www.umsetzung-richtlinie-eu2015-2302.de
In addition, the Hotel & Restaurant Am Alten Rhin has the legal requirement to offer security for the repayment of your payments as applicable situations arise. If transport is included in the package, we ensure your return transport in the event of bankruptcy or with the use of adequate liability insurance.
Most important rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302
- The travelers will receive all essential information about the package tour before concluding the package tour contract.
- At least one provider is always liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract.
- The travelers will receive an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point through which they can contact the tour operator or travel agency.
- Travelers can transfer the package tour to another person within a reasonable period of time and for a possible applicable additional cost.
- The price of the package tour may only be increased if certain costs (ex: fuel prices) increase and if this information is expressly provided for in the contract. In any case, this information must be communicated at least 20 days before the start of the package tour. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveler can withdraw from the contract. If a tour operator reserves the right to increase the price, then the traveler also has the right to reduce the price if the corresponding costs decrease.
- Travelers can withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee and receive a full refund of all payments if one of the essential components of the package tour is changed significantly, with the exception of the price. If the provider responsible for the package tour cancels the package tour before the package tour begins, the travelers are entitled to reimbursement of costs and possibly compensation.
- If exceptional circumstances arise, the traveler can withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee before the start of the package tour, for example if there are serious security problems at the destination that are likely to affect the package tour.
- In addition, travelers can withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the package tour in accordance with any cancellation policies that may require a cancellation fee payment as mentioned in the contract.
- If, after the start of the package tour, essential components of the package tour cannot be carried out in accordance with the agreement, the traveler is to be offered reasonable other arrangements without additional costs. The traveler can then withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called "termination"). This right is reserved for the traveler when services are not provided in accordance with the contract having a significant impact on the provisions mentioned in the contractual package and when the tour operator fails to remedy the situation.
- The traveler is entitled to a price reduction and / or compensation if the travel services are not provided or are not performed properly.
- The tour operator is obligated to assist the traveler if he/she is in trouble.
- In the event of the bankruptcy of the tour operator or - in some Member States - the travel agent, payments will be refunded. If the tour operator or, if relevant, the travel agent becomes insolvent after the start of the package tour and the transport is part of the package tour, the return transport of the travelers is guaranteed. Hotel & Restaurant Am Alten Rhin holds bankruptcy protection with R+V Versicherung NR.: 405 90 101042855. Travelers can contact this facility or the appropriate authority if they are refused services due to Hotel´s bankruptcy.